Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rosewater Raspberry Cupcake

For My Mum
My beautiful mum had her birthday on the 27th of August and these were her birthday cupcakes. I worship the ground she walks on and attribute any of my positive personality features to her. She is my role model and my idol. She has successfully inspired and taught me to do everything I do and I love her unconditionally.

Prep List
Cupcakes
120g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 cup greek yoghurt
1 T raspberry jam
3/4 cup frozen raspberries, crushed

Icing
3 cups pure icing sugar
1 T milk, warmed
15g butter, melted
1 t rosewater essence

Sugared Roses
6 roses, petals separated.
1 egg white, lightly whisked
1 cup caster sugar
To make sugared rose petals, coat petals in egg white and pat lightly with paper towel. Cover with sugar and allow to sit on paper towel for 24 hours before using.

Action
  • Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  • Whisk in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Fold through the flour, yoghurt, jam and raspberries.
  • Pour into patty pans and bake for 25min at 170.
  • Place all icing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
  • Ice cupcakes and allow to set for 2min and then recreate your rose.
  • Chew.

No comments:

Post a Comment